Recipe type: Curries
Capsicum delete is a tempting vegetable recipe with the capsicum slices stir fried with spice powders and besan. The capsicum delight is a subtly spiced up dry vegetable preparation which is best relished with hot phulkas.
- 2 big sized capsicums
- 4 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt and asafoetida (hing) powder to taste
- mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) for seasoning
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut capsicum into cubes , wash and drain the water.
- heat oil and put rai for seasoning.
- When it splutters, reduce flame ,add capsicum and mix well.
- Add hali pdr, chilli pdr,hing pdr, sugar and salt. mix well.
- Keep flame low and pan covered.
- After five minutes, the capsicum will become soft and change colour.
- Now add the besan , mix well so that no lumps are there.
- Again cover the pan and cook for 5 more minutes till the besan blends and becomes slightly glossy.
- Excellent when accompanied by hot phulkas.