Recipe type: Curries
An authentic south indian way of preparing capsicum gojju or vegetable recipe with chopped capsicum, freshly scraped coconut and dry red chillies.
- 250 gms chopped coriander (dhania)
- 150 gms grated coconut
- 6 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 3 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1½ tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- ½ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2 sticks of cinnamon (dalchini)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tbsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp jaggery (gur)
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and add all the ingredients, except the capsicum, mustard seeds and tamarind, and saute for 3 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the capsicum and saute till they are cooked.
- Add the ground masala, tamarind pulp and the jaggery, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.