Cauliflower Curry with Dill
Recipe type: Curries
Cauliflower is broken into small florets and the florets are cooked in flavored oil till soft. Then it is fried along with powdered spices and dill leaves and some freshly chopped tomatoes. Serve cauliflower dill curry with steamed rice and dollop of ghee or with roti or chapati etc…
- Cauliflower 1 Very Small Head
- Dill Leaves 1 Cup Packed
- Onion 1 Small
- Tomato 1 Large
- Garlic 2 Cloves
- Garam Masala ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder ¼ – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 Tbsp
- Remove outer leaves, hard stem and break the cauliflower into very small florets (around 2 Cups).
- Chop the hard stems into small pieces.
- Thoroughly wash the chopped cauliflower.
- Peel and chop the onion into big chunks.
- Wash and chop tomato into big chunks.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
- Separate, wash and chop the dill leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan on high heat, add garlic cloves and fry till aromatic.
- Stir in cauliflower florets and fry for couple of seconds.
- Lower the heat, cook covered till cauliflower is just soft but whole.
- Uncover, increase the heat, stir in onion and fry till onion turns translucent.
- Stir in garam masala, red chile powder and chopped dill.
- Fry briefly, remove from heat and add salt and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve cauliflower dill curry with steamed rice or with roti.
Make sure cauliflower is cooked well before adding masalas. Suggestions: If cauliflower is not cooked properly, cook covered on low flame till done. Add a tsp of water to the cauliflower if required.