Cauliflower Onion Fry
Recipe type: Curries
Cauliflower is broken into small florets and chopped into small pieces before cooking in oil along with spices and onion. Green chiles are added for spice and lemon juice for freshness. Serve cauliflower onion fry with steamed rice and dollop of ghee or with roti or chapati etc…
- Cauliflower ½ Head
- Onion 1
- Green Chiles 1 – 2
- Coriander Powder ½ Tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves 5
- Oil 2 Tbsps
- Remove outer leaves, hard stem and wash the cauliflower.
- Break the cauliflower into very small florets and chop them into small pieces.
- Also chop the hard stems into small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Remove stems, wash and grind the green chiles using a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering, add chopped onion.
- Fry till onion turns golden brown in color, add the green chile paste.
- Fry for few seconds and add the chopped cauliflower.
- Fry for a minute, cook covered for around 3 – 5 minutes or until cauliflower is soft but not mushy.
- Uncover, add coriander powder and salt.
- Stir fry for a minute and remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve cauliflower onion fry with steamed rice or with roti.
Make sure cauliflower is cooked well. Suggestions: If cauliflower is not cooked properly, cook covered on low flame till done. Add a tsp of water to the cauliflower if required.