Chatpati Bhindi Curry
Recipe type: Curries
This is a delightful recipe which is not only fast but also very easy to make. I learn't this recipe during on of my official trips abroad. Do try it and your comments are most welcome. This is not the conventional type of bhindi curry. Trust me. . It's different. .
- 10-12 chopped ladies finger (bhindi)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2-3 whole dry kashmiri red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ½ tsp of hing, dry red chilli and let it get fried in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions are light golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste goes away.
- Add the haldi powder, chilli powder, jeera powder,coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the ladies finger in the pan and mix well till the whole masala is mixed with the bhindi.
- Add the dried mango powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of besan and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add half cup of water to the bhindi and mix well for another 3 to 4 minutes till the masala is completely dissolved.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.