Chinese Chopsuey In A Jiffy
Recipe type: Curries
A delicious mix of tangy chopsuey sauce made with various vegetables sauted in oil and poured over cooked noodles.
- 1 small sized green capsicum
- 1 small sized yellow capsicum
- 1 small sized red capsicum
- 1 small sized onion
- 1 small sized carrot
- 2 small szied baby corn
- ½ cup tofu (bean curd/ soya paneer) or paneer (cottage cheese) (optional)
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil or oil
- 2 tsp cornflour or plain flour (maida)
- FOR THE PASTE:
- 4 red chillies
- ¼ " piece of ginger (adrak)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small clove of garlic (lehsun)
- Procedure for the sauce:
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth paste in a mixer adding little water.
- Strain and keep aside.
- In a cup add cornflour with very little water and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the cornflour paste to the grinded and strained paste.
- For the chopsuey:
- Chop all the vegetables in desired shapes(preferably big sized pieces).
- In a non stick pan, heat the oil. add the chopped vegetables and tofu.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on a high flame. do take care that the vegetables remain crisp as this is the secret for a mouthwatering chopsuey.
- Now add the paste, soya sauce and vinegar and stir immediately to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a boil on a high flame. turn off and remove from heat.
- To serve:
- In a plate spread out the cooked noodles.
- Pour the hot chopsuey sauce over the noodles and simply enjoy your chinese chopsuey.