Dhingri Dolma Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Dhingri Dolma – a delectable mushroom paneer recipe from the Awadhi Cuisine.
- 200 gms of button mushrooms
- 175 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- ½ tsp shahjeera (black cumin seeds/caraway seeds)
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 or 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp white pepper powder ( as an alternative you can use black pepper powder as I have done)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ cup coriander leaves/cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- Wash the mushrooms and slice them.
- Dice the onions, dice the tomatoes. You can even see garlic in the pic. Thats for making the ginger garlic paste.
- Grate the paneer coarsely.
- Crush both ginger and garlic freshly in a mortar pestle to make the paste.
- Chop the coriander and julienne the ginger.
- Heat ghee or oil in a kadhai. Add the black cumin and fry till till it crackles.
- Add onions.
- Saute the onions until light brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of the paste disappears.
- Add mushrooms and stir. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chili powder, pepper powder and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes more till the mushrooms are cooked.
- Now add the paneer. Mix the paneer with the rest of the mixture and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 4-5 minutes more. You just want to cook the tomatoes and not make it mushy.
- Towards the end sprinkle garam masala and stir.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and julienned ginger keep the remaining to be used for garnish later.Adjust the seasoning. Remove in a bowl or a dish and garnish with the remaining ginger and coriander.
- Serve Dhingri Dolma hot or warm with phulkas. This Dhingri Dolma recipe even goes well with breads.