Dosakaya Pappu Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Dosakaya Pappu recipe at home. Pappu is the common dish that we prepare daily in our home. Many people love to have a Dosakaya Pappu recipe which is very simple to make. The complete preparation of Dosakaya Pappu is given below. If you find this Dosakaya Pappu recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Dosakaya Pappu recipe, so that any one can make this Dosakaya Pappu very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Ingredients for Dosakaya Pappu:
- Dosakaya : 1
- Kandi pappu (yellow lentils / toor daal): 1½ cup
- Green Chilies: 8
- Tamarind – small piece
- Onions: l
- Oil- 4 spoons
- Turmeric (optional) - 1pinch
- Mustard seeds- 1 tea spoon
- Chenna dal- 1 tea spoon
- Red dry chillies (broken) - 3
- Black gram (urad dal-husked) - 1 tea spoon
- Curry leaves- 10
- Hing – pinch
- Clean and cut Dosakaya and onion into small pieces.
- Cook the Kandi pappu, onions, Tamarind, green chillies and Dosakaya in a pressure cooker or in a vessel by adding water. Smash the boiled ingredients, add salt to taste.
- Take pan pour oil and heat it. Add Mustard seeds, Chenna dal, Black gram, Red dry chillies, Curry leaves, hing and Turmeric into oil and fry them.
- Add this tempering to the smashed pappu and boil it for few minutes on low flame.
- You can have Dosakaya Pappu with steamed rice and ghee.