Drum stick greens Sundal Curry
Recipe type: Curries
Murunga keerai Sundal curry is a very popular and authentic dish of the Tamilians.Sundal or chickpeas or kondakadalai cooked along with the tender leaves of drumstick tree are highly nutritious and made with grams (chickpeas) soaked overnight and then boiled. It is then cooked and tossed in a mildly spiced seasoning mixture along with freshly grated coconut and served. Chickpeas are always tasty and a very versatile ingredient. Murunga keerai sundal curry makes a great side dish that can be eaten with rice, chapatti or roti.
- Curry Leaves 1 Leaf
- Ginger, Finely Chopped 1 Tablespoons
- Urad Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Channa Dal 1 Tablespoons
- Cumin Seeds Â½ Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Red Chillies 3-4 Numbers
- Oil For Frying 2 Teaspoons
- Tender Leaves Of Drumstick Tree, Finely Chopped 1 Cup
- Moong Dal, Soaked And Boiled 100 Grams
- Onions, Cut Into Pieces (optional) 2 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Fresh Grated Coconut 2 Tablespoons
- Add some oil in a pan and when the oil becomes hot, add some red chillies and mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds crackle, add cumin seeds, channa dal, urad dal and allow it fry a little till they turn slightly brown in colour. To this add chopped ginger, turmeric pd, green chillies, curry leaves, onions (optional), salt, add the chopped drumstick leaves and cook well. Add the moong (boiled split green gram), roast gently until the dal is dried out. Add fresh grated coconut. Toss well and switch off the flame.
- Serve with roti, chapatti or rice.