Ganthia ki Subzi
Recipe type: Curries
A Gujarati specialty, this dish can be prepared even when no veggies are available. Its simplicity and great taste make it one of my favourite preparations. For the perfect experience, add the ganthia just before serving thus preventing it from becoming soggy.
- ¾ cup ganthia
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon ganthia
- Combine the oil and mustard seeds in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, curds, salt and ½ cup water, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the ganthia and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander and ganthia.