Ganthia Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
Although this unusual dish is typically a jain preparation, it fits well into any gujarati menu as the gujaratis simply love ganthias! since it is made with a readymade snack, ganthia nu shaak is ready in a jiffy and is ideal for those days when you need to cook in a hurry, or when you open the fridge and find—to your dismay—that the vegetable rack is empty!
- 2 cups ganthia , refer handy tip
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ cup curds (dahi) , whisked with 1½ cups of water
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and 1½ cups of water and mix well.
- Add the curds mixture and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Just before serving, add the ganthia and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Ganthia is a crisp, deep-fried snack made from spiced besan paste. It is readily available in the market.