Recipe type: Curries
A popular Gujarati vegetable, made when fresh vegetables are not available.
- 2¼ cups Ganthia
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¾ cup fresh curds (dahi)
- 1 tbsp chopped corriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds until they crackle.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric and chilli powders, curds and ½ teacup of water and cook for a while. Add salt.
- Just before serving, add the ganthia and give one boil.
- Top with the coriander.
- Serve immediately.