Goru Chikkudukaya curry
Recipe type: Curries
Goru Chikkudukaya is also called Gawar in hindi.Even in telugu it is called with different names in Kosta and Rayalaseema regions like Mattikayalu... .This is a nutritious curry made of Goru chikkudukaya and soya granules.We can find these soya granules in the Indian grocery shops.
- 1 lb Gawar beans (chop them into 1 inch size pieces)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustards
- few curry leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 green chillies (adjust, slit them length wise)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Chop beans into 1 inch size pieces, boil them in hot water for 10 minutes or till slightly tender and drain them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom kadai, add cumin seeds and mustards, let them splutter on low heat.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and chopped onions, saute till transparent on low heat.
- Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, fry for few seconds. Add boiled guvar beans , mix, covered, stirring between, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt, mix well, covered, stirring between, cook for more 10 minutes or till done.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Goes very well with white rice and also with chapati.