Recipe type: Pickles
A South Indian recipe of making coriander chutney flavored with tamarind.u can enjoy it with hot steam idlys,rice.can easily prepare this item at anytime and very good for health and can take frequently along with break fast..
- 2 c coriander leaves, chopped. (dhania patta)
- 5 red chilies (sabut laal mirch)
- ¼ tsp asafetida (hing)
- Medium sized ball of tamarind, free of seeds (imli)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai dana)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafetida, urad dal and whole red chilies in it.
- Take them out and keep aside once they start spluttering.
- In the same oil, fry the mustard seeds and keep them aside separately
- Now in a mortar and pestle, beat the coriander leaves, tamarind and the fried urad dal mixture. (or grind in a mixie) to this chutney, add salt to your taste and the fried mustard seeds.
- Store in a jar and refrigerate.