Low Fat Methi Malai Paneer
Recipe type: Curries
Creamy low fat paneer recipe, with fresh fenugreek leaves.
- 1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- ½ cup curds (dahi)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cream
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Heat oil in a pan and fry ginger-garlic paste in it till brown,
- Add onion and green chilies and saute for 3-4 min.
- Add spices and cook covered for a min so that onion absorb the flavors.
- Add paneer and peas and cook covered for 5-6 min stirring in between.
- Add the cornflour to the curds, mix well and pour in this mixture to the pan.
- Keep the flame low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until its properly blended with the spices.
- Add kasuri methi and coriander and combine everything together.
- Add milk and stir well, bring it to boil and then simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring in between.
- Just before serving, spread cream on top and let it sit covered for 2 min.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.