Recipe type: Curries
Masoorchi Amti is a typical Maharashtrian lentil based dish usually prepared with sprouted whole brown masoor dal which is flavourful, nutritious and taste well with any Indian flat bread like roti, chapatti, bhakri or rice.
- Coriander Powder ½ Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Tomato, Chopped 2 Numbers
- Garlic Cloves, Crushed ½ Teaspoons
- Green Chillies, Chopped 1-2 Numbers
- Salt To Taste
- Onions, Chopped 1 Numbers
- Curry Leaves few Leaf
- Cumin Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Whole Red Lentils/ Whole Masoor Dal 200 Grams
- Garam Masala Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Water As Needed
- Freshly Ground Coconut Paste 1 Tablespoons
- Browned Grated Copra Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Leaves, Chopped 1 Bunch
- Soak whole masoor overnight in water. Boil the whole masoor in the pressure cooker and keep aside. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, once oil is hot,
- add cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped onions, salt and cook the onions till they are slightly coloured.
- Add green chillies and crushed garlic. Let the garlic brown so that it releases it flavour in the oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes, hing, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and sauté for a minute.
- Add little water, cover and cook the tomatoes and spices for about 3 minutes.
- Add boiled masoor, freshly ground coconut paste, mix, cover and cook till it comes to a boil. Add browned grated coconut and mix.
- Switch off the flame, sprinkle coriander on the top and serve.