Recipe type: Curries
Masoor dal Makhani is a rich saucy gravy dish where whole masoor dal is cooked in a yummy, spicy and tangy makhani gravy flavoured with kasuri methi. Serve with roti, chapatti etc.
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Whole Garam Masala (each) 4 Grams
- Tomatoes 500 Grams
- Kasoori Methi Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Butter ¼ Cup
- Salt To Taste
- Green Chilly 25 Grams
- Kashmiri Red Chilly 75 Grams
- Cashew Nuts 50 Grams
- Onions 150 Grams
- Sugar 1 Teaspoons
- Masoor Daal (whole) 1 Cup
- Ginger Chopped 1 inch Piece
- Garlic Chopped 4 Clove
- Green Chilly Chopped 2 Numbers
- Cream 2 Teaspoons
- Add whole garma masala in the muslin cloth and tie it .Heat butter in a pressure cooker and put the garam masala sachet in it, add onions cashew nuts, sauté it for 5 minutes, then add salt, ginger garlic paste, cook this till raw flavour is gone. Add colour giving chilli or Kashmiri red chilly, green chilly, tomatoes, mix it well and put the lid on and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a slow flame (5 to 6 whistles).
- Let it cool down, remove the sachet & using strainer drain out the water and put the onion and tomato into the blender and blend them and make a paste and again strain it, after straning all, discard the seeds and peels of tomato. Cook the strained paste of tomatoes and onions for 20 minutes then add salt, sugar as required , mix it and add toasted kasoori methi (cursh it with hands) once it comes to boil switch off the flame. First boil the masoor daal with skin on till it is soft & tender, keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan add chopped garlic and ginger, green chilly, sauté it till raw flavour is gone, then add boiled masoor daal and makhani gravy, cook this for some time and add cream mix it well once it comes to boil then switch off the flame.
- Serve this with roti, pulka or rice.