Methi Moong Dal Subzi ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
Recipe type: Curries
Sometimes, simple recipes taste more awesome than the elaborate ones! this is one such example. A very easy recipe combining iron-rich fenugreek leaves and protein-rich green gram dal, the smell of methi moong dal subzi bubbling on the stove will draw your family to the table!
- ¼ cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) , soaked in hot for 5 minutes
- 2 cups chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 garlic (lehsun) cloves , grated
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onion, garlic, green chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, fenugreek and salt and stir.
- Add the soaked moong dal and ½ cup of hot water.
- Sprinkle the besan, mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer for some time.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.