Mixed Vegetable Bhopali Style
Recipe type: Curries
As the name suggests, this mixed vegetables dish is from the kitchens of bhopal. Like most foods from this region, the vegetables are cooked in a creamy, spicy and thereby rich gravy. . .
- To Be Ground Into A Smooth Paste
- 6 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 5 green chillies , roughly chopped
- 8 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3 cardamoms
- 4 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 25 mm (1") ginger (adrak)
- 4 tbsp water
- Other Ingredients
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped cashewnuts (kaju)
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups boiled vegetables , (carrots ,
- french beans , and green peas)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 pinches sugar
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the cashewnuts are light brown in colour. Drain well.
- In the same oil, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables, salt, milk, cream, sugar and fried cashewnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.