Mixed Vegetable Sambar Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Mixed Vegetable Sambar recipe at home. Hot mixed vegetable sambar is a yummy south Indian dish prepared with different vegetables. This two-course meal is healthy and goes well along with rice, idli and dosa. If you find this Mixed Vegetable Sambar recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Mixed Vegetable Sambar recipe, so that any one can make this Mixed Vegetable Sambar very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Red gram (Kandi pappu) - 1 cup
- Mixed vegetables – 2 cups Red chili powder – ½ spoon
- Sambar powder – 1 spoon Salt for taste
- Oil- 4 spoons
- Turmeric - 1pinch
- Mustard seeds (Avalu) - 1 tea spoon
- Chenna dal (Senaga pappu) - 1 tea spoon
- Red dry chillies (broken) - 3
- Black gram (urad dal-husked) - 1 tea spoon
- Fresh coconut powder -1 spoon
- In a pressure cooker boil red gram and vegetables separately.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, chenna dal, black gram, red dry chillies, curry leaves and turmeric into oil and fry them.
- Add the boiled and smashed red gram and along with enough water to it.
- When it starts boiling add mixed vegetables, sambar powder, fresh coconut powder, salt and chilli powder, cook for 5minutes.
- Delicious mixed vegetable sambar is ready to serve.