Mullangi Pappu Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Mullangi Pappu recipe at home. Mullangi Pappu is a delicious and traditional andhra dal recipe. This dal recipe is good combination with rice and roti. As it has Pesara pappu and Mullangi this is a healthy dal recipe. The complete making of Mullangi Pappu is given below in detail. If you find this Mullangi Pappu recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Mullangi Pappu recipe, so that any one can make this Mullangi Pappu very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Mullangi (radish) - 1 cup
- Green chillies(Pieces) - ½ cup
- Tomato pieces - 1 cup
- Kandi papu (Toor dal) - ½ cup
- Pesara pappu (moong dal) - ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Tamarind – small piece
- Salt to taste
- Avalu (mustard seeds) - ¼ spoon
- Jilakarra (cumin seeds) - ¼ spoon
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Red chillies dry – 4
- Curry leaves – 10
- Oil - 1 spoon
- Clean and peal the skin of mullangi and cut them into pieces.
- In a pressure cooker cook Mullangi, Green chillies, Tomato, Kandi papu, Pesara pappu, Turmeric, Tamarind along with salt for 3 or 4 whistles.
- Now when this get cooked mash the ingredients just like common pappu recipe.
- Heat a pan with oil and add Avalu, Jilakarra, Red chillies dry, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add this tempering to the above made pappu and mix well.
- Spicy tasty Mullangi Pappu is now ready to serve.