Panasapattu Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
In Andhra Pradesh, raw jackfruit is called panasapattu and this is a traditional recipe with the flavors of tamarind, lentils, groundnuts and spices.
- 1 small raw jackfruit
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1½ tblsp tamarind pulp
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 whole dry red chilies
- 2 tsp coarsely ground ground nuts
- A small bunch of curry leaves
- 4 cups water
- Peel and cut the jackfruit into small cubes by rubbing oil in your hands.
- Now add turmeric in water and boil the jackfruit for around fifteen minutes till it is tender.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the green chilies, chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds whole red chilies, ground nuts and curry leaves.
- Once they start spluttering, add tamarind paste and a little water.
- Now add the boiled jackfruit and mix well.
- Serve hot with steaming rice.