Recipe type: Curries
Pesarattu is a pancake made with Moong dal (green gram), made into dumpling and cooked in tamarind gravy. In southern Indian states, Mung batter is used to make crepes named pesarattu
- Tamrind Paste 30 Grams
- Onion 2 Numbers
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Gr Chilli Chopped 1 Piece
- Ginger Chopped 1 Piece
- Moong Dal 200 Grams
- Red Chilli Pdr ( Optional)
- Cumin Pdr
- Coriander Pdr 1 Tablespoons
- preparation of Attu :
- Soak Moong dal in water for 2-3 hours. Remove entire water from Moong dal. Add green chilli, ginger and salt to Moong dal and prepare fine paste.
- Then take a pan and pour oil heat for 2 min. Then place moong dal paste to make thick size Attu.
- Note: prepare attu immediately after preparation of moongdal paste. Preparation of Pulusu:
- heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, broken red chilli
- Add ginger, garlicpaste and add chopped onion and saute for 2 -3min add salt ,turmeric paste add green chillies ,curry leaves
- Add required amount of water. boil the pulusu for min 25min in a low flame.
- Now cut the pesarattu pieces in desired size
- Add Attu pieces to pulusu and boil for 5 min.(adding sugar is optional).
- Remove it from stove .server it after one hour.