Phoolgobhi Aur Mutter Ki Kari
Recipe type: Curries
A coconut based curry gives this vegetable a delicious taste.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- To be ground into a paste
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 12 mm. (1/2") piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 4 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- In a glass bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of oil and the cauliflower. Cover with a lid and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same bowl, combine the green peas with 2 tablespoons of water and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- In another glass bowl, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, the bay leaves and the prepared paste and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, curds, cauliflower, green peas, sugar, ½ cup of water and salt and microwave on HIGH for a further 4 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve hot.
Cut the cauliflower into uniform sized florets so that they cook evenly.