Potato and pumpkin curry
Recipe type: Curries
Get a dose of vegetables with this pumpkin and potato curry recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- ¼ cup rogan josh curry paste
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 2 medium sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 350g cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Make Parathas: Place flours, salt, ghee and garlic in a food processor. Process until well combined. Add ½ cup cold water. Process until mixture comes together to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until elastic. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, potato, cauliflower, yoghurt and ½ cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, adding more water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, divide dough into 4 equal portions. On lightly floured surface, roll each portion out to a 20cm round. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook 1 dough round for 1 minute each side until golden brown. Transfer to a large plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and dough rounds. Top curry with coriander. Serve with parathas.
Add greens: Add 80g baby spinach leaves just before serving. Serve drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice.