Quick Mushroom and Capsicum Stir- Fry
Recipe type: Curries
Although tasteless by itself, mushroom interleaves well with its companion ingredients, always ending up as a delicacy. Here, pungent capsicum helps enhance the taste of the curry, while pungent tabasco sauce gives a wonderful finishing touch to the quick mushrooms and capsicum stir-fry.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 cup capsicum cubes
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic (lehsun) , chopped
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp plain flour (maida)
- a dash of tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and to taste
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onion, garlic, green chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and capsicum and stir for another minute.
- Add the milk and flour and mix well.
- Add the tabasco, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.