Quick Paneer Subzi
Recipe type: Curries
Quick and easy to make, this tasty subzi is the perfect choice when you need to rustle up a delicious meal within minutes.
- 3 cups paneer (cottagte cheese), cut into 25 mm. (1") cubes
- 1 cup capsicum, cut into 25 mm (1 inch) strips
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Remove the pulp from tomatoes and cut into 25 mm. (1") long strips.
- Roast the coriander seeds and red chillies and grind coarsely or pound to a powder in a mortor-pestle.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the capsicum strips and sauté for some time.
- Add the coriander-red chilli powder and salt and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the paneer and tomato pieces, mix gently and cook for a while.
- Serve hot.