Recipe type: Curries
A recipe put together in minutes if sprouts are handy. . . . . . I have chosen this recipe as sprouting increases the calcium content of pulses and also aid digestion. Serve it with whole wheat bread or rice.
- 2 cups mixed sprouts , boiled
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- ¼ tsp cloves (laung / lavang) powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
- a pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Topping
- 1 cup curds (dahi) , whisked
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil, add the cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed sprouts, clove powder, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve the sprouts mixture topped with the curds, onions, tomatoes and coriander.