Andhra Royallu Iguru ~ Prawns Curry
Recipe type: Curries
Andhra Royyala Iguru, a simple fresh prawn curry preparation in sauteed onions and Indian spices. Andhra Royallu Iguru is a sea food curry recipe from Andhra where fresh prawns are cooked in onions and Indian spices and masala resulting in a very tasty curry preparation!
- 500 gms prawns shelled, de-veined and cleaned
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chillies slit length wise
- 1 tsp chilli pwd
- ⅓ tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp coriander pwd
- ½ tsp cumin pwd
- ¼ tsp garam masala pwd
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add the chopped onion and green chillis and fry till transparent. Add the ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and fry for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd and chilli pwd. Mix well.
- Add the cleaned prawns, salt and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Now add 1 cup of water and cook further covered with lid for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Add garam masala pwd and mix well. Turn off heat and garnish with chopped coriander/cilantro leaves. Serve hot with steamed white rice or chapatis/rotis.