Mutton Korma Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Mutton Korma recipe using our easy to make homemade Mutton Korma recipes. Try this homemade Mutton Korma cooking recipe at your home.
- 1 kg mutton/lamb-cut into pieces
- 2 cups onions-sliced thin and browned in 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup ghee
- 10 green cardamoms
- 10 laung (cloves)
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp black cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp powdered coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp kewra essence
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the 1 cup ghee and add the rest of the ingredients, except onions, dhania and kewra and stir-fry over high heat, till meat pieces look opaque.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer, covered, for about an hour or till the meat is tender. Keep stirring a few times to see that it is not scorching.
- While the meat is cooking, grind the onions to a paste with the help of a little water, and keep aside.
- Add the onion paste and kewra and cook some more till well blended, and serve garnished with the coriander leaves. In case you want some gravy to it, add water according to taste, and simmer for another five minutes before serving.