Shami Kabab Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Shami Kababs are an extremely popular snack in India and Pakistan. A Shami is a small piece of minced mutton or chicken and ground chickpeas and spices.
- Well minced Mutton - 500 gms
- Eggs - 2 Nos.
- Chopped Onion (1meduim sized)
- Green Chilly (chopped) - 5 Nos.
- Bengal Gram (channa) - soaked overnight
- Garlic - 10 pods
- Cumin Seed (Jeera) - 1 tsp
- Cardamoms - 4 Nos.
- Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini) - 1 inch long piece
- Ginger (Adrak) - 1 inch long piece
- Pepper Corns (Kalimirchi) - 6 Nos.
- Red Chillies - 4 Nos.
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Boil minced meat in 3 cups of water and a teaspoonful of salt till water is absorbed and meat is tender.
- Grind meat into a fine paste. Take garlic, cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger, peppercorns, red chillies and soaked gram dal and grind into a fine paste.
- Mix both the pastes well.
- Now mix well beaten eggs and prepare uniform dough and add finely chopped green chillies and onion to dough and mix well. Shape the dough into small round flattened balls or kababs.
- Heat ghee and deep fry kababs till golden brown and serve hot with sauce or chutney.