Dry fruits laddu
Recipe type: Snacks
Dried fruits like dates, raisins, apricots etc are mixed with nuts like cashews, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans etc.. and formed into tight balls called ladoo. Serve these dry fruits ladoo as a tea time snack or as a energy booster through out the day.
- Pitted Dates 15 – 20
- Cashews 5
- Pistachios 14
- Almonds 7
- Golden Raisins 10
- Finely chop the dates and the raisins.
- Soak almonds in warm water for sometime and peel of their skin.
- Pat dry the almonds.
- Crush the cashews, pistachios and almonds into small bits using a pestle or a quick pulse in the processor.
- Alternatively, chop the nuts with help of a large knife.
- Add all the prepared ingredients in a mixing bowl and press with a fork or back of a spoon to mix.
- Divide the mixture into around 8 – 10 portions.
- Take each portion into hand and press to form into a ball.
- Store dry fruits laddu in a dry tight jar and serve as a snack.
Make sure dates are not too dried but still hold their softness for easy binding. Suggestions: If dates are too hard, then cover and microwave for couple of seconds to soften them. All quantities are approximate, adjust them according to your preference. Variations: You can also add various nuts like walnuts, pecans and dried fruits like apricots, grapes etc.. Sugar or jaggery can also be added for more sweetness which also helps in binding. Dessicated coconut or dried coconut can be added but it reduces the shelf life of dry fruits laddu. Cardamom powder can be added for flavor.