Moong Sprouts Korma
Recipe type: Curries
Moong sprouts korma, a sprout subzi in wholesome tomato based gravy. Taste great with rotis and kadhi.
- 2 cups moong (whole green gram) sprouts
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup grated onions
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ⅓ cup blanched and finely chopped tomatoes , refer handy tip
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp sugar
- To Be Ground Into A Paste (using A Little Water)
- 1 tbsp broken cashewnuts (kaju)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 3 clove of garlic (lehsun)
- 12 ginger (adrak)
- 2 cardamoms
- For Serving
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, 1 tbsp water, mix well and sauté on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, moong sprout, salt and 2 tbsp of water and cover, cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, milk, sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with parathas.
Take 2 medium sized tomatoes, place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, drain, peel, deseed and finely chop them.