Panchamrut ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Curries
Panchamrut is tangy, sweet, sour and maharashtrian at heart! it can be served as an accompaniment or as part of the main course with phulkas.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- ½ cup freshly grated coconut
- ¼ cup raw peanuts , coarsely powdered
- 4 tsp sesame seeds (til) , coarsely powdered
- 1½ cups capsicum cubes
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp jaggery (gur)
- 2 tsp tamarind (imli) pulp
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tsp water
- salt to taste
- For Serving
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the mustard seeds, asafoetida, coconut, peanuts and sesame powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and chilli powder, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the jaggery, tamarind pulp, cornflour mixture, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring twice in between after 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with chapatis.