onion raita recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
onion raita - simple & quick raita to accompany pulao, biryani, khichdi or roti-sabzi.
- 1 cup full fat fresh chilled curd/yogurt/dahi
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions/pyaaz, about 1 medium to large onion
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder or red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- black salt as required (i added ⅓ tsp), you can also add rock salt or regular salt
- 5-6 chopped mint leaves/ pudina patta or coriander leaves/dhania ke patte
- few mint leaves or coriander leaves for garnishing
- whisk the curd/yogurt till smooth.
- then add the finely chopped onion, cumin powder, black pepper powder, chopped mint leaves and salt.
- mix everything and serve the onion raita with your indian meals.
if you want a spicy raita, then add chopped green chilies or red chili powder.