Recipe type: Appetiser
Osmania biscuits are one of the most common yet very popular biscuit available in most of the local hotels, chai stalls and Irani hotels in and around Hyderabad/ Secunderabad region. From the exotic haleem to the lazeez biryanis to some very authentic and explicit sweet dishes, Osmania biscuit is also a hardcore Hyderabadi café snack. Irani chai with osmania biscuit or single chai aur osmania biscuit is the colloquial way of hearing sounds around the café shops in Hyderabad.
- All-purpose flour - 200 gms
- Baking powder - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 120 gms
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Custard powder - 10 gms
- Milk powder - 10 gms
- Saffron - ½ gm
- Sugar powder - 80 gms
- Milk - 20 ml
- Milk for glazing
- Take a bowl and add butter, sugar powder and mix well. Add little milk and mix again.
- Take another bowl, add all-purpose flour, custard powder, milk powder, cardamom powder, baking powder and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mix and combine all the ingredients to make smooth dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin sheet and cut them into round shape.
- Arrange the biscuits in the tray and pour over some saffron milk mixture on top. Drain off the excess milk mix and bake at 180 deg C for 15 minutes.
- Osmania biscuits are ready to eat.