Peanut and Potato Patties with Sago
Recipe type: Appetiser
Peanut and Potato Patties with Sago is a awesome air fried dumpling made of sago pearls, boiled potato, crushed peanuts, spices and fresh herbs mixed together and fried brilliantly in air fryer by using just a teaspoon of oil. It is extremely an innovative way of frying these awesome, yummy patties that are crispy and crunchy, soft inside and just melts into the mouth. They are absolutely delicious and can be treated as a wonderful snack. These patties go well with hot Spiced tea (masala chai). This snack is quiet filling to stomach, healthy and nutritious too. Sabudana is full of starch and carbohydrates and is great for a quick boost of energy, hence often served in India for breaking fasts during religious festivals. It gives you quick energy and is easy to digest.
- Potato, Boiled & Grated 1 Cup
- Peanuts, Roasted & Crushed 2 Tablespoons
- Sago ½ Cup
- Salt - To Taste
- Onion, Finely Chopped 1 Numbers
- Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped 1 Bunch
- Curry Leaves 2 Springs
- Green Chillies, Finely Chopped 2-3 Numbers
- Lime Juice ½ Numbers
- Chaat Masala - To Taste
- Oil 1 Teaspoons
- Soak sabudana or tapioca pearls in water for few hours and then drain of all the water from the soaked sabudana.
- In a bowl, add in boiled & grated potatoes, peanuts, salt, onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves, green Chilies, lime juice, chaat masala and sago pearls. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take some portion of the mixture in your hands and shape them into even sized round shaped patties. Repeat this till all the mixture is done and keep aside.
- Preheat the Phillips airfryer at 180 degree C for 5 minutes.
- Pull out the basket and arrange the patties and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, pull out the basket and brush the patties with very little oil and again fry again for another 6 mins.
- Remove the patties and serve hot any sauce of your choice.