Recipe type: Breakfast
Omelettes are an easy and pretty way to serve eggs. Master the basics with this simple recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 20g butter
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Beat eggs and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill on high.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until just warm. Add butter. Tilt pan back and forth until butter sizzles.
- Beat eggs again. Pour into pan. Tilt pan so eggs cover base. Using a wooden spoon, drag cooked egg from outer edge into centre. Tilt pan so uncooked egg comes into contact with base.
- Place pan under grill. Grill until lightly browned. Serve topped with baby rocket leaves.