Batata Poha ( Microwave Recipe)
Recipe type: Breakfast
This flavoured snack is one of my favourites as it is very easy to rustle up for morning breakfast as well as for the evening tea.
- 2 cups thick beaten rice (poha)
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3 to 4 green chillies , slit green chillies
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ cup peeled and finely chopped potatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all excess water and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, turmeric powder and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, sprinkle little water, mix well and microwave for 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the poha, salt, sugar and mix well. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the grated coconut and chopped coriander.
If the poha gets too dry sprinkle a tablespoon of milk, mix well and serve immediately.