Besan Chila ( Microwave Recipe )
Recipe type: Breakfast
Ever heard of making chilas in a microwave? um, how do you make a pancake without a pan? we thought it worth a try, and were amazed by how easy and tasty it turned out to be. It is so hassle-free that you can actually make it fresh in front of your guests, without worrying about smoke or oil fumes! however, remember to add the fruit salt just before you make the chilas and mix slowly, or else they will not turn out nice and soft. If you have two microwave safe plates, you can spread the batter on one and keep it ready for cooking while the previous one gets ready, saving a minute every time!
- 1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¾ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ¾ tsp fruit salt
- salt to taste
- ⅛ tsp oil for greasing
- For Serving
- green chutney
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Grease a small plate of 75 mm. (3”) with oil, pour a portion of the batter on it, tilt it clockwise so as to spread the batter evenly and microwave on high for 1 minute or till the chila is cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 7 more chilas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.