Recipe type: Breakfast
Cabbage is chopped up along with carrot and green chiles. The chopped vegetables are then added to dosa batter along with spices and herbs. The prepared batter is cooked in aebleskiver pan or in ponganalu pan till cooked and little brown on outside.
- Dosa Batter ½ Cup
- Carrot (Sliced) 2 Tbsps
- Cabbage (Chopped) 4 Tbsps
- Green Chile 1 Small
- Cumin Seeds a Pinch
- Cilantro few Sprigs
- Salt to Taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Remove outer leaves, wash and finely chop the cabbage.
- Peel, remove ends, wash and thinlyl slice the carrot.
- Remove stem, wash and finely chop the green chile.
- Wash and finely chop the cabbage.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all chopped ingredients, dosa batter, cumin seeds and salt into thick batter.
- Heat aebleskiver pan or ponganalu pan on medium heat.
- Grease the moulds with few drops of oil and let the pan heat a bit.
- Fill each mould of the aebleskiver pan with few tbsps of the cabbage paniyaram batter.
- Once edges start to change color, carefully turn paniyaram on other side and let it cook for a another minute. Carefully remove paniyaram from the pan onto a plate.
- Repeat the same with remaining ponganalu batter.
- Serve cabbage ponganalu with coconut chutney or with any other chutney and sambar.
Make sure to cook the ponganalu well before removing from heat. Suggestions: Make sure dosa batter is not too thin. Else add rice flour to thicken it up a bit.