Recipe type: Breakfast
Chilli Parotta is an easy dinner recipe and is one of the most popular items in restaurants.
- 3 parathas
- 1 sliced capsicum
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 slit green chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- chopped coriander (dhania)
- Keep the parottas ready. If you are using readymade ones heat it in a pan before you use them.
- Cut the parottas using knife or scissors into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a medium sized pan and add oil.
- Add onion and saute until it becomes slightly brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it becomes mushy.
- Add green chillies and capsicum and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Sprinkle a little water to ensure it doesnt get burnt.
- Take a cup of water and add corn flour and mix it.
- Pour it into the pan and cover it with a lid.
- Cook in a medium flame for 2 to 3 min.
- Remove the pan.
- Keep it in a low flame and add in the sliced parottas.
- Mix and toss well.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with corriander leaves.
- It can be best served with raitha.