Corn & coriander fritters
Recipe type: Breakfast
Perk up simple corn fitters with fresh herb offerings straight from the garden.
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup (100g) rice flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves, plus ¼ cup coriander sprigs
- 3 corn cobs, kernels sliced
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Grilled bacon and roasted vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Place the flours, baking powder, eggs, spring onion, chilli, chopped coriander and half the corn kernels in a food processor, then whiz to combine. Transfer to a bowl, then stir through remaining corn kernels and season.
- Heat 2cm sunflower oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. In batches and using 2 tbs batter for each fritter, add batter to frypan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Gently toss avocado with coriander sprigs and extra virgin olive oil. Season.
- Divide fritters among plates and serve with avocado salsa, bacon and tomatoes.