Corn Panki ( Healthy Breakfast Recipe)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Corn and semolina pancakes cooked between circles of banana leaves. Accompanied with a tall glass of milkshake, this truly is a healthy breakfast.
- 2 grated sweet corn cob
- 3 tbsp semolina (rava)
- 2 tsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp fresh low fat curds (dahi)
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 3 banana leaves (kele ka patta)
- oil for greasing
- For Serving
- carrot garlic chutney
- Using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter, cut out 32 rounds of the banana leaves. Grease the banana leaf rounds with some oil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, semolina, coriander, green chillies, curds, oil, salt and ⅓ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and place 4 greased banana leaf rounds on it.
- Pour a spoonful of the corn mixture on each banana leaf round and cover with another greased banana leaf round. Cook on both sides till the banana leaves brown slightly and the pancake in-between peels off the banana leaf easily.
- Repeat twice to make 12 more pankis.
- Serve hot with carrot garlic chutney.