Recipe type: Breakfast
Corn Upma, it is new version of rava upma with combination of beans and sweet corn kernels.
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped french beans
- 2¾ cups of water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
- For Garnishing
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine 3 tbsp oil and rava in a flat microwave safe dish. Spread evenly and microwave high for 2½ min.
- Stir and microwave high for another 2 minutes. Remove and immediately mix well. Keep aside.
- In microwave safe bowl, add the remaining oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, onion and beans, mix well. Cover the bowl with microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 4½ minutes. Stir in between once.
- Add the salt, chilli powder, water, corn and lemon juice, mix well.
- Gradually add the rava, stirring constantly.
- Cover the bowl with microwave safe plate and microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.