Recipe type: Breakfast
Garden sandwich is a simple and healthy sandwich recipe with tomato sauce added as spread along with onion, garlic, chillies and then filled with boiled potatoes, corn, tomato, salt and pepper powder. Add butter or grated cheese to the sandwich and enjoy it plain or grilled .
- bread slices with butter [preferably use triangular bread slices]
- For spread:
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- few green chillies, finely chopped
- finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- For stuffing:
- 2 potatoes, boiled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions
- butter as required
- black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Method for the spread:
- Mix all the ingredients of spread & keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- In a pan melt butter, add onion till pink & then add other ingredients.
- On high flame, fry for 3-4 mins keep aside cool it.
- For sandwich:
- Take a bread slice apply butter on it.
- Apply the spread mix on bread and then put the stuffing.
- Add grated cheese [optional], and then put another bread slice over it with spread mix on it.
- Then apply little butter on outer side of the bread & then toast it.
- Cut the sandwich in to three pieces & serve hot.