Green Peas With Fresh Coconut
Recipe type: Breakfast
This is delicious and healthy light snack.
- 2 cups green peas
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- a few curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Boil green peas in salted water till done and keep aside.
- Take kadhai and put oil in it,when oil becomes hot put mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, ginger, green chillies and saute for one minute.
- Add the onions and saute for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes light brown.
- Add boiled green peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take it out in serving bowl,add grated fresh coconut and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately