Grilled Open Sandwiches
Recipe type: Breakfast
A healthy and quick sandwich recipe, Grilled open sandwiches are best for breakfast or tiffin options. Simply apply cheese on the slices and top with stir fried mixed vegetables and seasonings .
- 6 to 7 slices of sandwich bread
- 1 small sized cucumber
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 boiled potato, sliced
- 1 medium sized capsicum, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 to 3 lettuce leaves
- Mix together:
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina) leaves
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- butter to apply on bread
- 2 to 3 cheese cubes
- Apply some butter on both sides or bread slices.
- Arrange on an oven mesh-tray.
- Apply some ketchup mixture on each.
- Leave sauce behind to top. arrange first salad leaves, then onion, potato, tomato capsicum and cucumber.
- Top with thin slivers of cheese finally dot with ketchup mixture.
- Preheat oven to 300 degree celsius.
- Grill the sandwiches till the bread get toasted and cheese melts well.
- Cut into triangles with pizza cutter serve hot