Homemade Pizza Crust (Dough)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Homemade Pizza! Yummy! Here’s your chance to get creative in the kitchen. Watch the video, then make the perfect crust…crispy, chewy…and have a field day coming up with delicious toppings. Try this simple recipe for homemade pizza dough and yes, it’s eggless!.
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup (125 g)
- Chapati Flour – ¼ cup (45 g)
- Fine Sooji/Semolina Powder – ¼ cup (45 g)
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper – ⅛ tsp or to taste
- Garlic Powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Yeast – 1 tsp
- Warm Water – ¾ cup
- Olive Oil – ½ tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 4-5 tbsp (for kneading)
- Add Sugar and Yeast to Warm Water and mix until yeast is dissolved. Cover and let the mixture rest until it becomes frothy (5-10 minutes).
- Add All-purpose flour, Chapati Flour, Fine Sooji, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Salt to a mixing bowl and mix through.
- Add Yeast mixture slowly to the dry ingredients and form a dough (it will be sticky).
- Once the dough comes together, sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of All-purpose flour and knead the dough until a soft ball forms.
- Coat the dough ball with Olive Oil, cover and keep in a warm place for 1 hour to rise (An oven heated to 180 F/ 82 C and turned off is perfect).
- Lightly Oil fingers and punch down the dough. Form it into a ball again, cover and replace in the oven for 1 more hour to rise.
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour and start to knead the dough for 4-5 minutes. Keep sprinkling dry flour as and when the dough becomes sticky.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions (for 2 medium size pizzas) and roll it out with a rolling pin or by hand. Keep sprinkling dry flour to help the rolling process.
- Preheat oven to highest possible temperature (550 F/ 288 C). If using a pizza stone, heat the stone with the oven.
- Sprinkle Corn Meal on the stone or pan and place rolled out dough over the corn meal.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes (until crust is light golden).
- Remove from oven and spread with pizza sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted and light golden.
If dough is too soft to work with, coat with oil, wrap it in plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.