Lemony Rava Rice Upma
Recipe type: Breakfast
Lemon juice and roasted peanuts enhance the taste of this dish.
- 2 cups rava-rice , readily available in the market
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson) (rai / sarson)
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3-4 medium dry red chilli
- 1 tbsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger (adrak) julienne
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 10-15 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Add chana dal and urad dal, saute on a medium flame, till the dals turn red.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when the seeds splutter, add the red chillies, ginger, green chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add rice rava and 3½ cups of water, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Let the steam escape before opening the lid. Add the lemon juice and add the peanuts and toss well. Serve hot.